Saturdays are Kid’s Day 2018
“Three Week Clay Camp for Kids” (three sessions). $75. + $20 material and kiln firing fee Recommend age 6 yrs. and up.
* The first week: Children will spend time learning to make several pots on the Potter’s Wheel.
* The second week: Children learn to use a slab roller and make bowls, plates, and trays.
* The third week: Children will be glazing all the masterpieces made during their class time and getting them ready for the kiln.
* There is no experience needed for these classes and repeat students will increase their dexterity and skills. Our class will choose an “open the kiln day” when everyone can come and collect their pottery. Kids that can’t come to the “kiln opening,” will be able to pick up their pottery from Woodland Gallery during the week.
Saturdays: Feb. 10, 17, 24 Mornings 10:30 – 12 noon
Saturdays : March 10, 17, 24 Mornings 10:30 – 12 noon (8 spaces left)
If you have a Home School Group and would like to schedule a field trip or special group classes, just call us and we can make arrangements to accommodate your group. 615-348-0060
One Time try-it class: This is a great opportunity to try the potter’s wheel to see if you like it.
The cost is just $25 per person. This class includes instruction, use of studio tools, clay, all kiln firings, and a lot of fun. (pots made in class will be ready to take home the following week)
(A deposit is required to hold a space in all classes)
Feb 16 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (class full)
March 9 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (class full)
March 16 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (Class full)
March 23 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (4 spaces left)
March 30 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (8 spaces left)
April 13 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (8 spaces left)
April 20 (Friday night) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (8 spaces left)
6 Week Potter’s Wheel / Slab Class: $150 + $45 materials and firing fee
Thursday nights: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
January 18, 2018 – Feb. 22 (class full)
March 15 – April 19 (4 spaces left)
In this class, students will learn the basic wheel skills of centering, opening, pulling up, shaping, and trimming, as well as glazing.
Slab building is also an option, a slab roller is available for those who wish to use it.
“Build a Bowl Workshop”
Parent / Child Class: 1 day workshop. Bring your child to class, and together you can build a one of a kind fruit bowl using cut outs of your child’s hand, or hands from your family. This also makes a wonderful gift for a daughter-in-law or family member. (limited class size). $45. + $20. for material and kiln firings. We will glaze the bowl for you, and it will be ready to pick up the following week.
Saturday, March 24, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm (3 spaces left)
Have your “Birthday Party” at Woodland Gallery. 2 Hour Studio rental (Recommended age 6 and up)
Cost: $25 per person using the potter’s wheels. Pottery will be ready to take home the following week. (Eating area $25 for room rental)
During the first hour: each child will have an opportunity to make a pot on our potter’s wheels. After they finish their pot, they will go to our eating area.
During the second hour: Party moves to the eating area, where you enjoy your party, gifts, cake, or pizza, or whatever you have brought for them.
* Pottery will be fired and ready to take home the following week.
* We will provide fun pottery activity, tables and chairs, clay, glazing, kiln firing, and party area.
* You provide tablecloths for 6′ table, food, drinks, cake, plates, etc, and fun.
* SPECIAL CLASSES: If you have 4 or more students, who would like to have a class on a different day and time, other than our regular scheduled class, just ask us and we can accommodate your group.
Ladies Night Out. One time pottery class. 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Grab some friends and come have fun!
Any weekday evenings or weekend afternoon or evening upon request. Cost: $25.00 per person. (Includes instruction, clay, glaze, and all kiln firings. Pots will be ready to take home the following week. )
We also have GIFT CERTIFICATES available for Photography or Pottery Classes, Photography Portrait Sittings or Woodland Gallery Gift Shop.
(To register for a class, you may call in, send or bring a $25.00 deposit to the gallery to hold your place in a class.)
Raku Kiln Workshop: 2018 at our new second location.
Introduction to Digital Photography. “Beyond the Green Square” Instructor Michael Gustafson Class meets Third Weekend of Every Month
Introduction to Film Photography. (Rental Cameras available.) Instructor Michael Gustafson. Date and times to be announced. Privet lessons available.
VISIT US ON FACE BOOK TOO.